Breastplate (A Celtic Meditation)
The inspiration for this album was St Patrick’s Breastplate, and from that came a musical interpretation of a journey undertaken by the Saint as he sought to share the Gospel.
The album begins by featuring a new setting of the prayer composed by Tom Gregory-Smith, which then is further developed on the final track and leads on to an arrangement of the hymn tune composed by Charles V. Stanford.
The other tracks are improvised interpretations of three occasions on the journey.
The text that inspired the album and a poem written to accompany the album can be found on the texts page.
|1.||Journey of the Saint||2.||He prays||3.||He dances||4.||He rests||5.||Homecoming|
- Tom Gregory-Smith: violin
- Andy Gait: keyboard, piano, guitar, organ
- Recorded at St Nicholas’ Church, Durham
- Mixed and edited at the Centre for Christian Communication, Durham
- Produced and engineered by Tim Packer
- ©2002 T Gregory-Smith & A Gait
- Breastplate icon ©2002 N Till